LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 06 February 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir,

I the undersigned had taken admission for the PHD course at department of electronics and telecommunication engineering on 08/01/2020
Due to some personal issues and unavoidable circumstances I had to cancel my admission which was done on 06/01/2021.

After the formal cancellation application, I was duly returned my original documents (Certificates). When I enquired about refund of fees, it was refused by the Director, Dy. Director and Dean PhD. It was informed that there are no standard norms in the college for the same. Subsequently they have asked me to pay three years’ fees which is totally absurd.

This type of harassment was not expected from such a reputed college. We have also informed the Vice-chancellor , Pro-Vice-chancellor and Registrar of university on 14/01/2021. We are still awaiting the reply on the same.

In continuation with the same we have written to AICTE, DTE, UGC but we have not been replied by them yet
I humbly request you to look into the matter and expect prompt justice from you.

Thank You.
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 06 February 2021
You have approached all authorities who take policies on such matters. The only authority left out is the court.

After getting the replies from the authorities if you still remain aggrieved you can approach the court which is the final arbiter in such matters. The court will decide whether the act of the institution is absurd or not.

It is part of justice that a research student who gets admission for research studies will have to pay something to compensate the loss the institution will suffer when such a researcher abruptly stops his research on personal reasons.

A student who gets an admission against another applicant who lost an admission to the seat will not be allowed to go scot free without any loss of some kind. The pendulum of justice swings to both sides.

Anyway please wait for the replies for some time (one month / two months) and file a court case to try your arguments in the court.

I am afraid this forum may not be able to give some specific legal advice in an issue being considered by the highest regulatory bodies in the country.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 08 February 2021
Well analysed and advised by expert Mr. K Rajasekharan.
What is the policy on the subject matter, has to be checked.
Seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer, if you feel so.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query