LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guardianship under muslim

(Querist) 04 August 2016 This query is : Resolved 
Respected sir
I and my wife had no child since our marriage from 21 years. therefore brother of my wife gave his minor son [3rd number] to us immediately on his birth in 2013. Since then that son is with us. in 2015, my wife's brother and his wife made declaration of guardianship in our favour which is made on notary paper. I want passport of said son. However, passport office asked appointment of guardian by court. please advice me. I am muslim by religion and stay in bombay, maharashtra.

Kumar Doab (Expert) 04 August 2016
Approach a very able counsel well versed with such matters.

You may find following threads relevant and pick up points that are useful to you;

Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 04 August 2016
Dear Sir,

In muslim personal law, no adoption is possible. The Passport Officer is right, you would have to apply for adoption and follow the procedure.

You may consult Central Adoption Resource Authority for the same. They can be reached at


Shonee Kapoor
adv.bharat @ PUNE (Expert) 05 August 2016
Agreed with expert opinion you need to do accordingly.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 05 August 2016
Agree with the expert Shonee Kapoor.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 05 August 2016
Agree with the expert Shonee Kapoor.
ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI (Expert) 05 August 2016
Consult expert in the field for adoption n passport

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query