IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gift deed

(Querist) 15 July 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Respected sir,

I read your article or rather a question regarding gift deed, and i had couple of questions, kindly advice

My father in law wants to gift his flat to my wife vide gift deed, but he is abroad, so can he execute the gift deed in the indian embassy over there?
The other option is he has already registered a POA on his sons name to sell the property, so can his son come to india and execute the gift deed?

Kindly advise


Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 16 July 2021
The Gift Deed has to be executed by donor (personally) in India, where property is located.

It would be appropriate to consult a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts and circumstances and professional advise.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 16 July 2021
Yes, Gift deed can't be executed by power of attorney holder. You may execute will deed there.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Expert of the Month

Follow us Course law

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query