Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Forcing to marry

(Querist) 16 December 2012 This query is : Resolved 
i am rahul 26 years old i am brahaman. i had friendship with a girl of other cast who is hindu to but diffrent caste. from 5 years
the girl is pressurising me to merry, but due to caste barrier my parents didnt agreed so i also gave up and decided to go with parents as they are old and there is no one to care them .parents have decided a girl for me and my marriage is near by.
now the girl is pressurising me to merry. and i dnt want to merry her. she warns me for legal action on me.
we both are from other towns and i had met her jst 10-12 times in 5 years .most of our relation is telephonic.
plz help me what i can do in such problem

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 16 December 2012
No legal action can be got initiated against you in the given case if you have not done anything wrong. Ignore her calls and if possible, let your father talk to the father of that girl so that matter may be resolved at this initial stage.
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 16 December 2012
I dont think there could be any legal action unless you have gone beyond your limits while in relationship with her and she is having some proof against you.

Better talk to her parents and settle the matter.
rahul (Querist) 16 December 2012
once i got intimated with her 3 years ago.and i didnt forced her for it . and we had few photographs togather which are not at all objectionable. photos are at public places rest all the time i met her at public places.

she warn me of serious charges on me, moreover she says that she will get a favour of being a woman she is also 24 years of age and fully mature.
rahul (Querist) 16 December 2012
can i go to police first , will they help me
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 16 December 2012
You should think about this eventuality before getting into physical relationship with her.
Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Expert) 16 December 2012
Mr. Rahul
she can take legal action against you under section 376 and 420 Indian Penal Code for rape and cheating on the ground that you have developed physical relation on false promise of marriage.
Please dont underestimate that girl. meet an advocate of your city at the earliest.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 16 December 2012
*Ansari! don't create panic. There is no such issue and let Rahul enjoy his engagement and prepare for his happy marriage.

Nothing is going to happen as indicated if situation is handled as already advised.
rahul (Querist) 17 December 2012
thank u sir , for giving time and valuable views so fast
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 17 December 2012
Most welcome your appreciation Rahul.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query