LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 09 September 2010 This query is : Resolved 
52 yearsold lady was beaten up by her male neighbour due to rreason she could not move up to the nearest police station .when the daughter in law of the old lady went to the police station the police oficer refused to lodge FIR ..saying that the old lady must be brought to police station for injury verification or either produce medical report of injury. so my question is is it necessary to bring the victim or produce medical report while lodging FIR if the matter is related to physical injury. please suggest
Raju Ramparag Gupta (Expert) 09 September 2010
No even a third person can also lodge F.I.R.
But unfortunately this police man avoid registering it.
you can now approach the senior police Inspector of the Police station directly.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 09 September 2010
I agree with Raju. And better to take treatment and Doctor certificate of the injured.
s.subramanian (Expert) 09 September 2010
You go and get admitted in a government hospital complaining that you have been assaulted. Police will come there directly and take your complaint and register FIR on intimation by the doctors treating you there.
Rajeev kulshreshtha (Expert) 09 September 2010
The alternate way told by Mr. Subramanian is very much correct.
S.N.Derashri (Expert) 09 September 2010
I also agree with Mr.Subramaniam.
A V Vishal (Expert) 09 September 2010
FIR or First Information Report is the information about commission of an offence given to a police officer by the first informant. It initiates the criminal proceedings.

To file an FIR, one has to go to the police station within the jurisdiction of which the cause of action arose or the offence took place.
Every piece of information relating to the commission of offence is to be given to the officer in-charge of the police station. If it is given orally to the officer, he shall reduce it to writing and read it over to the informant to confirm and verify the details.
Every such information has to be signed by the informant after which it is required to be recorded by the officer in a book maintained for this purpose as prescribed by the State Government.
The informant is entitled to receive a copy of the FIR free of cost.
If the officer in-charge of the police station refuses to record the information, you can send the substance of such information, in writing and by post to the Superintendent of Police (SP) concerned. The SP is required to start the investigation himself or direct any other officer subordinate to him to start the investigation.
NOTE: When you file a FIR, be very specific.
Don’t forget to take a copy of the FIR.
One is not required by law to give an affidavit.
Ajay Bansal (Expert) 10 September 2010
commision of crime has to be examined before registration of f.i.r.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query