Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fees for litigation

(Querist) 19 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I had filed an FIR for a cognisable offence with police, police is not ready to register FIR, I intend to move to High court. My queries are
1. Should I move to chief metropolitian court or a magistrate's court instead of High court
2. What is fees?
3. How to pay the fees?
Adinath@Avinash Patil (Expert) 19 August 2009
sumir please read court fee scheduled in law dairy.
Guest (Expert) 20 August 2009
Inform the nearest Police Station about the offence. Police will register the complaint for offence punishable under relevant sections. If the Police Station Officer does not register your complaint, then you can send the substance of the complaint in writing to the Suprintendent of Police. Even if the actions are not taken by the Police against the culprit, you can directly file the complaint against the culprits before the Judicial Magistrate First Class stating the facts in the complaint and annexing all the documents.
Feel Free to contact me on : 09727000333

Sumir (Querist) 20 August 2009
Thanks a lot. but my query is unsolved, whats the fees and how to pay
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 20 August 2009
Police is dutybound to register FIR and even in the recent past the apex court had made this cystal clear. However, if the police refused to register FIR, you may take up the matter with either the Commissioner of Police/Supdt of Police concerned.
Guest (Expert) 20 August 2009
Dear what fees you are talking about. You have to pay no fees to any one. At the stage of filing the complaint before the Magistrate also you are supposed to fix the court fee stamps not exceeding to Rs. 10/-. Feel Free to contact me on 09727000333(M) for further clarification.
Sumir (Querist) 20 August 2009
The problem is that I am unaware of ABC of the legal procedure, but for the sake that I am merely a student, without any income, and my fathers condition is not good either, and I donot want to face injustice, I myself have to approach the court for its direction to police to lodge FIR.(I have given written application to police) And after their explanation for inaction, in written, obtained by RTI, I have written innumerable letters to police all all heirarchy, including Commissioner and Director General, but in vain. So, if I have to write to court, then which court-chief metropolitian court or a magistrate's court or HC, with writ(litigation/letter) I have to pay some fees, How much, and by what mode?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query