LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fathers property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 22 June 2011 This query is : Resolved 
My father made fixed deposits in various banks,with nominee as my brother in some and both in some Fds.My father having a house of 300 yards,he is not written on any name. It was on fathers name. after my fathers death my brother hide all documents,Fds. What i can do sir. can i get equal share amount with my brother sir .plz suggest me
Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Expert) 22 June 2011
Yes. you have equal share. Making a nominee does not amounts to transfer of ownership of money. It simply means that the bank is liable to pay the money to the nominee. But the nominee is under obligation to distribute that money among all successors in accordance with their shares.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 22 June 2011
But sir how can i get the amount. My brother hide all documents. plz help me
Advocate Sachdev Bishnoi (Expert) 23 June 2011
you can file a suit for declaration and for the injunction also against your brother and the banks in which your father was having the fixed deposits and than you will get the relief and if the money is release to your brother you will get the half share if no other legal heir is there and if there is any body else than you will get upto you share.
prabhakar singh (Expert) 23 June 2011
'can i get equal share amount with my brother '
yes, you as suggested by mr.Sachdev Bishnoi .

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query