Civil Procedure Code (CPC)


This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
28 March 2011

Respected Esperts,

The District Magistrate served me a eviction notice as I have occupied a government land for residential purposed without prior order from govt.

Now what are the legal remedies available to me from such notice.????

For stay of this order should I approach to High Court or concern District Magistrate.???

Any other suggestion.???

Guest (Expert)
28 March 2011

Do you believe that any court would grant you stay order after knowing that you have occupied Government land illegally when you, yourself, admit that the land has been occupied without prior order from the Government?

Better you attend the court of the District Magistrate and request for some time to vacate the land so that you may be able to search some suitable place to shift.

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)
28 March 2011

The Rent Act is different for public premises where the usual defence of the tenants are not available. So whether you are lawful or unlawful tenant of a govt property, you will be liable to be evicted under Public Premises Act. Your relief is as long as you continue the suit.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x