30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Enrollment of Advocate above 26 years age and in business

(Querist) 24 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I have just cleared LLB Degree, I wish to start practising and hence I need to register with Bar council of State. There is a clause in the form that if you are above 26 years of age and.
1. If you have not engaged in any service or business. you need to give an affidavit.
2. If you have engaged in business or trade etc you need to submit releving letter etc.

I am a proprietor of a business,
Now in my case whether point 1. hereinabove will be quicker or point 2. and which one is advisable

if point 2. what procedure
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 24 August 2009
because u r in business dn FIRST SURRENDER UR PROPRITERSHIP ,dn take releving latter as mantion condition (2) and after dis file affidevit mantion in condition (1) .
K D Pande (Expert) 24 August 2009
you need to surrender propritorship & take releving letter & then file affidavit as per condition 2.

Kiran Kumar (Expert) 24 August 2009
both the friends have suggested correctly.
Bhumik Dave (Expert) 24 August 2009
Above ld are correct.
A V Vishal (Expert) 25 August 2009
You have to show and prove that the prorietary business has ceased existence and that you are eligible to get enrolled under the provisions of BCI. Since the proprietory business is in your name, a sworn affidavit duly notarised should be sufficient. I also suggest you meet the Secretary of the state bar council and seek their guidance as to what would be sufficient to prove that the business has ceased to operate in order to qualify for enrollment.
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 03 September 2009
Transfer proprietorship to some other name.. Then sworn in as a Lawyer..
Salik Khan (Querist) 03 September 2009
Thanks to All the learned Senior advocates for guidance
Salik Khan (Querist) 03 September 2009

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query