LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Email complaint

(Querist) 25 November 2021 This query is : Resolved 
This is regareding non return of token money in a property related. Since documents were not clear deal did not finalize, seller not returning token advance.
Police not registering FIR and say it is 'civil' and did a NC.
Is an email complaint to ACP/commissioner acceptable before filing a PCR?

K Rajasekharan (Expert) 26 November 2021
What the police office says it legally correct. they have no role in interfering in such civil disputes, under the law.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 26 November 2021
Yes. You can consult a local lawyer for guidance and recovery suit.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 27 November 2021
Send legal notice to the seller to refund token money.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 27 November 2021
Not returning token amount does not come under the purview of cheating, it's a civil dispute for which you may send legal notice and thereafter file recovery suit.
P. Venu (Expert) 27 November 2021
Yes, police have no jurisdiction in a civil dispute. You may explore the possibility of initiating a civil action.
Ananda (Querist) 27 November 2021
Thanks experts. I have some whatsapp chat wherein seller had agreed to return the token if documentation is not clear, any suggestions to get that chat certified from third party for evidence? I read that submitting a certificate/affidavit on own may not be as good as from a trusted third party.
Ananda (Querist) 28 November 2021
Has anyone used for certified electronic evidence ?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query