LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Domestic violence act

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 November 2022 This query is : Resolved 
salute you all,

A man now aged 29 years married his elder brother's wife after sudden demise of his elder brother years before to give protection to her and her two children. In the course of married life few differences started mainly the wife not allowing any sexual life and she developed hate towards the man. She started quarreling with him always and even physically injured him. The bore all sufferings in the interest of the family. one fine day she called her parents and brothers and they came from a nearby village along with other 2 of their friends in
intoxicated state to to boys house at a night 12 days ago. , They started abusing all unparliamentary words Then started hitting the man all together with all available weapons making an attempt to kill me. The beauty is the wife also joined them to beat him. In the process the man got injured especially on face and eyes injured with heavy swelling. Hearing his cries his aged father came for rescue and he as well was attacked. They left telling that they would come back anytime to finish him off.
The boy was advised by local doctor to visit eye specialty hospital in the city of Madurai. He was given all necessary treatments and he was asked to take rest and medication for 15 days and his father was treated by local doctor
he didn't prefer a police complaint to save the family's name .
But the wife went AWPS and lodged a complaint probably under DV Act.. The police has called the boy and his parents tomorrow to station and the woman would also come there.
please advise if a complaint can be lodged with local police since the woman went to AWPS police by which his intention of safeguarding family's name is already spoiled.
Thank you learned lawyers
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 05 December 2022
The boy should have filed an FIR at a nearby Police Station when the girl's family and her friends bet him. Now he shall file a case in Police Station and a case against her in court by consulting a local lawyer.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now