LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce in NSW

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 22 April 2010 This query is : Resolved 
one of the married couple of India living in NSW (Australia) filed the divorce case in NSW against the wife.
Wife did not appear in the court but fill up the performa send by their solicitor and Court has now grant the divorce but final decision will be done in the first week of may 2010.
Now attorney of the husband has send one letter wherein it has been mention that they want to settle the property settlement so that property settlement proceedings may be finalized.
Girls parents have spend a lot on the marriage and boy harassed the girl time and again and around 70k dollars have been spend and transferred to the account of husband by the wife side and spend on marriage with proof.
Will you plz guide me about the proceedings of settlement and other proceedings regarding recover of money through which we may get our money back from the husband.
Akhilesh Kumar (Expert) 23 April 2010
friend you did not say what performa she has signed? what was written in that? Where is Girl residing India Or NSW? How many time they have spend? firstly you write each and every detail then you will get opinion.

However for your knowledge court has always soft corner for women she can settle the amount,If she has realy harrassed by her husband.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 23 April 2010
dear Akhilesh, thanks for reply, but the thing is we want to know only the law related to Australia, we had consult lawyer in India and know every aspect.
Presently both of them are living in NSW Australia. No doubt we can fight our case in India also but we want to pursue our case in NSW to get our all the dowry amount and permanent alimony and want to settle our daughter again.
Husband is very cruel and beat our daughter time and again and we want to get rid off that fellow.
So if any advocate from NSW or any expert in NSW law may plz help in this context.
Thanks in advance
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 23 April 2010
It is better to post your query before Australian law firms because you do not want to have any query under India law.
Uma parameswaran (Expert) 23 April 2010
I am supporting L.Friend Raj Kumar's suggestion.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 25 April 2010
Raj ji,
will you plz suggest me any australian firm?
Coz i dont know much about them.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query