Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce from husband who ran away

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 19 November 2023 This query is : Resolved 
its been 6 months he has disappeared and not showing any signs. He had multiple physical issues which he hided before marriage and ran away sent a letter that stating, "I am running away from all and I can not tell anyone any reason you people can enjoy your life". this letter he has sent it on whatsapp.
Before running away He did all the planning plotting removed his all money from banks in cash , left his job and did drama of love and left like this.
His family is showing that they also dont know his whereabouts , but not even taking any efforts to find him. I had reported missing case on the day I received that letter. He lied and went outside and sent this letter. Fraud has happened to me , by hiding his physical conditions and now he is hiding . How to take divorce from such a culprit. and get justice.
Thank you for your help in advance.
Jay Shree Krishna
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 19 November 2023
You can file a divorce case on the grounds of mental cruelty cause due to suppression of facts material to marriage proceed if your marriage is more than a year and if less then you can file a annulment case for the same reason and obtain a decree of nullity.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 19 November 2023
I agree with the above expert views.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 19 November 2023
Thank you sir for your answer🙏
1. I'll get successful Divorce right even if his whereabouts are not known and i will not have to wait for him right?
2. Will i get any compensation for the fraud which is done with me from his family, whereas family is blaming me only that our son ran away because of u
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 20 November 2023
This is a marriage hence the matrimonial law and the relief under matrimonial rights can be availed.
If you want to have compensation then you can file a domestic violence case against him seeking compensation for the mental agony and the tortures he meted out to you.
If his current address is not known then you may send the summons to his last known address.
If he is not traceable then the court will follow the procedures as stipulated in law after which you will be granted the divorce in his absence as exparte divorce.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 20 November 2023
Okay Thankyou Sir 🙏
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 20 November 2023
what was his profession?
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 20 November 2023
He was a software engineer. We married and within 3 months he started planning of running away.. and fully planned and left.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 20 November 2023
You can consult a local lawyer and proceed further as advised and suggested by local lawyer based on the situations prevailing at your end

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now