LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce and threatening from in laws

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 16 May 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I am from Pune I got married in 2013 and now it is almost 10 years to my marriage I don't have a child I repeatedly complaint my wife about the lack of sexual intimacy between us and it kept on building in my mind and now the time has come that I cannot bear it anymore it is causing mental trauma to me. To be frank I do not have any kind of sexual relations with my wife. Whenever I tried to talk to her that we should indulge in sexual activity she used to tell me that if you want to fulfill your physical needs go out and full fill them.
Finally after so many years of harassment I have raised my voice and my father in law is now threatening me to kill me what should I do?

I have two questions does the case stand in my favour?
As my father in law is threatening me to kill me what are the steps I need to take according to the Indian law against him?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 16 May 2024
You take your wife to a psychiatrist and gynaecologist and take the doctors' advice. If she has any problems she will be alright if given treatment. Then you discuss the issue with her parents, and your parents and decide what to do.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 16 May 2024
If you cannot continue this married life anymore, then you can very well file a contested divorce case on the grounds of cruelty citing the non cohabitation among others as grounds for mental cruelty.
If your father in law is threatening to kill you then you can lodge a criminal complaint against him and seek protection.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 17 May 2024
I have already tried to take my wife to the psychiatrist I asked her that we will do so but then she was like I will not come. Then we consulted a gynecologist for the same problem few years back the doctor suggested that you do not have any such issue and you can go ahead with normal sexual activity, the doctor further insisted that, just think about your husband what he must be going through, but even those words have not done any effect on her. After all this discussion I have a strong feeling that she is literally not interested in indulging in physical activity after giving so many chances, I don't want to give another chance and waste another year of my life.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 17 May 2024
Then you can file a divorce case against your wife's problems.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 17 May 2024
You were advised to file a contested divorce case on the grounds of cruelty by citing this as an additional grounds to prove your reason for divorce.
You may approach any local lawyer and proceed as suggested

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now