This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
14 October 2019

My sister married her college mate who was an iran citizen...he came to india on a study permit...after getting married via registration here he had moved to the united states...its been 5yrs now and he now claims that he doesnt want the marriage and he wants a divorce...he also claims that he had used me to get his visa to the usa as he wldnt have got it from his hometown in Iran as he was out of his country for more than 5 yrs staying at india...now hes also willing to sign the divorce papers but not willing to come to the indian courts for the process...i want to punish him and bring him to court...hes has surrendered his passport at usa for the process of obtaining a green card but he has not yet recieved his green card identity...can i bring him to the indian courts for cheating me?

15 October 2019

Dear Sir,
With great difficult you may bring him to India and punish depending upon the International laws.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
15 October 2019

Dear William,
You can drag him in Indian court. For dragging in to court you should have some case against brother in law. Please state your full case here or you can visit local advocate for legal action.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
17 October 2019

Whether the marriage was registered under the provisions of Special Marriage Act or any personal laws such as Muslim Hindu or Christian?
He is stated to be an Iranian citizen but staying in US, accordingly it is very difficult to summon and drag him in Indian Courts for such an act/offence.
It would be advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, guidance and proceeding.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x