New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Acb trap case

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 April 2020 This query is : Resolved 
I am from the state of Telangana. My father was trapped by ACB in a demand of bribe case in the year 2003. We filed an appeal in the high court of Telangana in the year 2010. The question is can we appoint a supreme court advocate to argue my father’s case in the high court of Telangana instead of an advocate who is practising in the Telangana high court.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 27 April 2020
Yes. You can appoint along-with a local assisting lawyer.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 27 April 2020
as per me, Yes. You can appoint an advocate practicing in Supreme Court. But he cannot attend every adjournment and hence it requires an assistant advocate in Telangana.
KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Expert) 28 April 2020
Dear Sir,
There are no restrictions provided that proposed advocate agree to appear and argue the case also follow the guidelines of expert Mr. Raj Kumar Makkad

Guest (Expert) 28 April 2020
A Senior Advocate does not need to file an Vakalatnama or be the Client's Advocate on Record.. More over in High Court it's a general practice to get Senior Advocate for argument for Critical and Crucial matters. You are at liberty to appoint an Advocate of your Choice. It is not mandatory you should have an local Advocate only and your Supreme Court Advocate Or Senior Advocate would advise you on whose name the vakalat would be filed and certainly they would have Juniors and their circle of Advocates in Contact.. Seek their guidance.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 April 2020
You can take the help of a Supreme Court Lawyer to proceed / argue in your case.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now