Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 13 January 2020 This query is : Resolved 
I have adopted a baby girl , 6 months old,under HAMA act from her biological parents. Registration deed has been done in subregistrer office, with court stamps, in the presence of biological and adoptive parents and 2 witness. I want to know if any other documents needed for legal adoption apart from registration deed
Sb Karma (Expert) 14 January 2020
its enough to get approvals by sub reg more docs needed
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 14 January 2020
No is the sole answer to your query.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 14 January 2020
It is sufficient. for your satisfaction, the child can be adopted through Hindu rites and customs.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 15 January 2020
It is legally sufficient and no other formality is required.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert) 19 January 2020
The registered adoption deed shall be a confirmation that you both are adoptive parents of the adopted child.
However if you want to doubly sure of this then you can file a suit for declaration to declare the adoption as legally valid adoption by a court decree and judgment which shall prove to be a substantial and undisputed confirmation of the adoption.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now