New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sra housing scheme

(Querist) 26 December 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Were can we file a case against a builder/Developer who has not given our redevelopment house in Mumbai under sra scheme since 2008. I had my residence in Mumbai and 2006 it was taken for redevelopment by the builder. An agreement was signed in May 2006.the building is up in 2008, but we were not allotted any room was informed by the builder that the other wing will constructed and will be allotted rooms later which till date has not happened and rent was started in 2008 for Rs. 2000,which later discontinued in 2015 saying there is no enough prove now and the agreement is now null and void.

We had send a legal notice through our lawyer on June 2017, which he responded saying he will work out something. But now again the laywer and builder has denied our case.
Please help what and which court will take action against this matter.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 27 December 2017
You file a case in Consumer court stating that the builder has not completed the construction the house in question on the agreed time and hence there is deficiency of service and breach of contract and file for either quickly start building of the house by the builder or retur cost of the house with interest , and penal damages etc.
julie MDsouza (Querist) 27 December 2017
Thanks Ms. Usha Kapoor maam for your fruitful advise.
krishna mohan (Expert) 27 December 2017
Builder has to abide by the agreement terms. You can take the help of able lawyer to claim your right including compensation for deficiency in service and mental agony.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 27 December 2017
If you appreciate my answer please give me likes.
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 27 December 2017
Without seeing or knowing the details of agreement we can not give suggestion, so with all relevant papers you better to approach a local lawyer and act accordingly
Kumar Doab (Expert) 27 December 2017
The LOCAL counsels well versed with SRA matters can examine the docs/inputs and advise you the best.
LCI Experts Mr. Hemant Agarwal, Mr. Kishore Mehta, Mr.M.V.Gupta,Mr. Madhu have been posting on such matters.
You may approach such counsels with all docs on record.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :