New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

My epf account name is wrong

(Querist) 28 August 2017 This query is : Resolved 
My EFP account's first name is wrong it has got changed with the other former employee in my office.Her account is not in activation now.Account shows my account number, my surname but it shows the other lady's name.
When I given application to EPF office they are saying it is not your account.
Please advice what I should do in this case.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 August 2017
Matter of procedure, should be taken with EPFO through both the employer to get the error rectified.
Dhanashri (Querist) 28 August 2017
My company has verified that the mistake is from EPFO office so submitted the documents to EPFO office 6 months
back, pointing the mistake to EPFO office, but no response from office , still name is not changed..plz suggest whom to approach.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate Online (Expert) 30 August 2017

The truth is that :-

(I) There is absolutely no procedure in EPFO to change the name. Had such procedure been there then each employer will before retirement of employee substitute name of his cosine and deprive employee of the EPFO deposits.

(2) Your deductions are not being deposited in your name and the employer's representative is committing non-bailable offence under section 406/409 of IPC.

(3) Your employer has to open fresh account in your name and deposits all the dues once again in your account since the day of your joining or else be in jail.

(4) If you do not vigorously pursue then take notice that all your deposits are going in charity and you will never (never) be able to draw even a single penny in service or on retirement or will get any pension.

krishna mohan (Expert) 30 August 2017
Well advised by Mr.Sudhir Kumar. I would like to add that you give a representation to your employer based on deductions made provide you the Annual Statement for your account as received from the EPFO and rectify the error as officially permissible. It is your employer responsibility to remit in the correct employee account no. and not EPFO. To protect your interest, you can demand for opening a new account by depositing whole of the deductions and employer contributions as permissible under the rules up to the date pending completion of action as permissible under rules to rectify the error that might have happened. You can also meet the concerned Grievance Officer in EPFO and represent in writing as it may be possible that your contribution are being paid to the account of employee who left the organization as claimed by you and ask for credit to your account along with a letter given by your employer as efforts from both the side may help in resolving the issue early.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :