New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Demarcation of the land by civil court

(Querist) 14 October 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Respected sir,

I have purchased residential land in a plot in 1966 through valid registered sale deed under municipal area. I got it mutated at revenue authority in my name. Till 1969 i got rent reciept. I do not have latest rent reciept from revenue authority, even they are not issuing rent/revenue reciept by saying that, page in which your name was there has been destroyed. But I have latest municipal house tax. I want to get my northern boudary/line (which is adjacent/boder to other plot) of my land fixed, I have applied three times for the demarcation of my land at revenue authority since past four years. But they are making unnecessary delay in their process. Now I got tired with their attitude. Complaining at higher authorities too went in vain. So, I want to get demarcation of the land done through any civil court. Can It be done? If yesm what is the procedure? Thanks
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 14 October 2009
You purchased the land in 1966 and till 1969 you even recived rent recipt from revenue authorities and thereafter it was stopped and you started receiving house tax receipts. This mean now your area falls within municipal area and revenue authorities have no control over the area in which your house falls. As they have no legal connection with your area, no revenue officer shall come for demarcation on your request.Better you call an architect and your neighbor and get the land demarcated as per your registered sale deed and dont miss to get the signature of your neighbor over the written demarcation note for avoiding future disputes.
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 14 October 2009
Go with the opinion of Mr. Raj
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 20 October 2009
Just you issued a notice to the revenue authorities by giving maximum time to do their work, for the notice they will come to you and your work will be done.

regarding the same problem what you are facing now, one person had filed a complaint before the dist., consumer forum in my city, which came to be allowed and demarkation was done and concerned officer was reported the same to the court.
Why dont you try.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :