Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Forgery in Special Power Of Attorney

(Querist) 21 September 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I have obtained the certified true copy of registration of property document which shows that my signature was forged by my relative to grant himself Power Of Attorney and in the Notarized affidavit for the same set of documents which were used to register a property , some person's photograph & thumb impression were used.
What legal recourse do I have ? The property is in Mumbai & I stay in Pune.Please advise.riven
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 21 September 2009
Dear Rajesh,
U will have to file criminal case against the person who has purchased the property and Notary and the person whom u suspects. Notary plays vital role, cause he maintain the records, if you filed a case against him he will produce the register and truth will come out.riven
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 21 September 2009
First of all you engage a competent local lawyer dealing in criminal matters and second in property matters. You will have to file 2 cases at the same time. One FIR or criminal complaint under sections 420/467/468/471/120 B IPC and another suit for declaration seeking setting aside the transfer of property with injunction restraing the transferees not to dispose off the property till the suit is decided on merits.riven
Bhumik Dave (Expert) 22 September 2009
Fully agreed with above ld.riven
Rajesh B (Querist) 22 September 2009
Thanks for the response.Much appreciated.
Can I file the case in Pune where I currently stay or will it have to be filed in Mumbai where the property is located , which again will decide the location where the lawyer is to be engaged , as Mr.Makkad has suggested.
Once again many thanks for your responses.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 22 September 2009
Cases will have to be filed in Mumbai only where the property situates.riven
Rajesh B (Querist) 22 September 2009
Thanks Mr.Makkad.riven
Adinath@Avinash Patil (Expert) 24 September 2009
I agreed with above all ld expertsriven
Rajesh B (Querist) 26 September 2009
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 27 September 2009
Agreed with Mr. Makkad

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :