25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

purchase of land

(Querist) 03 September 2009 This query is : Resolved 
We purchased a land two years back.The plot was too big and the owner sold it in four parts. when we went to purchase the land, the first part was sold. the owner told us that the first part had a length of 24.9 foot.We took the second part os the plot with the front of 42 foot. Subsequently all the parts were sold by the owner and the registration was done for all of them on one day as the land actually belonged to a person of punjab and this owner had given only the token to them.
Immediately after the registration, we made the boundary of the land with correct measurements. After two years, now when we planned for making our house, the third party told us that their front was 32 foot in the registration paper but it was actually coming 30 foot in measurement. They checked our registry and then measured our plot which was coming right. Then they measured their adjacent plot i.e. fourth part which actually belonged to the owner who had sold the plot to all of us.He was making his own house and he had captured one foot of the third party. On the other hand , the third party also measured the first part which was coming 24.9 and the measurement in the registry was 23.9.It was due to the carelessness of the owner that one foot extra went to the first party. We were at no mistake, still the third party is trying to claim one foot land from us. Kindly tell that what are the legal actions that the third party can take on us though we are not responsible for whatever has been done??
sachin arora (Querist) 03 September 2009
sachin arora (Querist) 03 September 2009
sachin arora (Querist) 03 September 2009
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 03 September 2009
Dear Sachin Arora,

He has right to claim that one foot in jurisdictional court. Why u making the issue on this point. Actually u dont have any rights on one foot property. So u have to return his one foot extent to the third party. Its not big deal otherwise he may file injunction and declaration suit against u and others and you have to contest the case and u should have to bear all the expense including the legal fees and etc. So my advice please return the his one foot extent.
Bhumik Dave (Expert) 03 September 2009
Agreed with Sanjiv.
sachin arora (Querist) 04 September 2009
Thanks for your precious advice but I have one query i.e. I also want to punish then land owner because of which we are losing our land. Moreover if we give one foot to the third party, our registry will become wrong as it contains 42 foot front .Kindly suggest me what can be the effect in future, if the registry contains 42 foot but actually we will be having only one foot and what can be done in the context of the land owner ??

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query