LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

charge reframed

(Querist) 27 July 2009 This query is : Resolved 
on behalf of Accused >>> a criminal complaint filed against the accused and charge framed for abetment, fraud, forgery, cheating etc. after more than 3 years pp. filed an application for alteration of charge framed against the accused. court has reframe charged. can amagistrate has a power to reframe the charge of the application of alteration the charge? or can a magistrate has a power to reframe the charge with or without anay application?
Shashwat Shukla (Expert) 27 July 2009
Please See the Sec. 216 and 217 of Cr. P. C. Your problem shall be resolved.
Manish Raghav (Expert) 30 July 2009
yes court can alter charge at any stage before the pronouncement of judgement.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :