25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wrong Property Description on Stamp Paper, what to do now?

(Querist) 14 July 2009 This query is : Resolved 
A document (deed) was registered in the office of Sub-Registrar, Delhi for immovable property. We've received the registered-original copy. But after receiving we found that property description written on e-Stamp Paper is wrong. However its just one letter. It shows B instead of D for block. My agent said he will get it corrected by getting a correction letter from the e-Stamp paper issuing agency. but its been now more than 2 weeks, hes just lingering on and this is making all of us crazy.

Could someone please suggest me what can we do now to make it correct after it has been registered in the office of Sub-Registrar, Delhi.
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 15 July 2009
Dear Sahil,

Please execute a rectification deed of that document and it should be registered in the jurisdictional sub-registrar office.

sanjeev desai
M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Expert) 15 July 2009
You can execute and register a rectification deed in the same Sub-Registrar Office and can rectify the mistake.
Jayashree Hariharan (Expert) 15 July 2009
pls execute a rectification deed before the jurisdictional sub-registrar.
a.manoharan (Expert) 15 July 2009
All experts rightly said. please register rectification deed.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 16 July 2009
Rectification deed, indeed, is the viable solution.
Sahil Adv. (Querist) 17 July 2009
Sorry for the late response.

My agent says he has that correction letter now and I've seen it too. It has been issued by the bank which originally issued that e-Stamp paper. Could that be of any use now. Agent also says that he'll get a copy of it attached to the copy that Registrar has in his office?
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 18 July 2009
Dear Sahil,

Correction letter in stamp paper does not confirm any clear title, please execute a fresh rectification deed for what are error reflected in the original title deed and that should be registered as early opinioned above.

sanjeev desi
Sahil Adv. (Querist) 21 July 2009
Dear Sanjeev,

I just talked to a representative of Stock Holding Corp of India Ltd., he says there is no way of executing Rectification Deed in order to rectify errors in eStamp paper, in order to correct them I need to Cancel the deed, get that eStamp paper refunded, then register a new Gift Deed.

sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 23 July 2009
Dear Sahil,

Please clarify some points?

1. Your document is registered in Sub-Registrar office or not?

2. E stamping, franking are same thing but registration of documents are different things. Clarification required wheather it is only estamped right?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query