30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 02 May 2011 This query is : Resolved 
I am a Service tax Inspector with impeccable record. I was also one of the youngest inspectors to have joined the dept and have no adverse remarks against me. Due to the social work done by me, the local municipal councillor has written a corruption complaint to my dept head stating that i have earned lots of money by corruption and am building a house worth more than Rs. 1 crore. (the house is being built by a housing loan and lots of other loans). Everything he has stated in the letter issued in his Official letter pad is false. He has even insulted my mother stating that she is second wife of my father. What would be the best course of legal action against him for trying to spoil my honest record and the first complaint against me in 15yrs of service?
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 02 May 2011
Serve him a legal notice through your counsel to withdraw publicly his allegation or to face defamation proceedings within a stipulate period.

Defamation proceedings can be civil and criminal both at the same time. In civil defamation case, court fee is required whereas in criminal proceeding, the complainant is required to attend each and every hearing.
Guest (Expert) 02 May 2011
Nice suggestion by Mr. Makkad.
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 03 May 2011
You can file civil and criminal cases against him.
abhay dholakiya (Expert) 03 May 2011
i think u should have go to direcly criminal case and in my opinion your mother should fir against that person because she has not direcly connected with governmental department it will be better for u
abhay dholakiya (Expert) 03 May 2011
i think first u give him a legal notice
Arun Kumar Bhagat (Expert) 08 May 2011
File defamation case u/s 500 IPC.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query