LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

declaration of age by a major person?

(Querist) 19 February 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Can a major person who is 18 years or above, declare his age through affidavit himself? If Yes please cite some judgements of any high or appex court
PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 19 February 2009
I have never heard of any such legal declaration through affidavit. Can you clarify why he wants such a declaration. Has'nt he got birth certificate or School leaving certificate?
Kamlesh soni (Expert) 20 February 2009
there is no need of affidavit if u have school leaving certificates. otherwise u must obey the rule.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 20 February 2009
What is the purpose of such self declaration through affidavit. Has the major not got any evidence of his age and if so how is claiming to be major . Are his parents or elders siblings alive or not. All these questions need to be answered and clarified by the author to address the issue properly.
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 20 February 2009
I think threis no judgements in this regard.

When school leaving certificates and birth certificates are unavialable to prove his age at that time age proof affidavits are required to get a passport and some other purpose also.

Under CPC order XiX rule 3 of Civil procedure code - Mattars to which affidavits shall be confined- Affidavits shall be confined to such facts as the deponent it able of his own knowledge to prove, except interlocutory applications, on which statements of his belief may be admitted.

sanjeev desai
Guest (Expert) 20 February 2009
If he does not have any proof to show that he has attained the age of 18 years, for the administrative purposes an affidavit duly sworn by him and attested by the Ist class Judicial Magistrate will be useful.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 20 February 2009
No he cannot declare himself his age by way of an affidavit.
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 23 February 2009
I do agree with the views of all my Ld. friends.
B.B.R.Goud. (Expert) 23 February 2009
To declare the age, it is only authorised by the muncipal authorities or school authorities by way of birth certificate alone.
As per Me Affidavit is self declaration. when we can use for change of name why not for taking the oath for major. But I Seen a persons age can be identified through only birth certificate, firstly issued thorough maternity hospital were he gets birth. when the hospital sends the current data to munciapal authorties, from their we can get within two to three days Birth certificate.
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 04 October 2009
No he cannot declare himself his age by way of an affidavit.
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 04 October 2009
no way.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query