LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Death certificate in maharashtra of a misplaced person

(Querist) 28 September 2022 This query is : Resolved 

I am staying in Mumbai, My father is misplaced before 8 years, i have lodged an FIR.

i want to apply for death certificate

so please suggest me the procedure for the same.


vishwanath jaiswal
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 28 September 2022
In my view, if a person is missed, after 7 years of the period, the Police where you filed the complaint issue a certificate stating that the whereabouts of the missing person are not known. After that, you have to apply to the court declaring that the missing person is dead. But either the local bodies or Revenue authorities cannot issue a death certificate.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 28 September 2022
Yes , you have to file suit for declaration for death declaration of your father stating therein that your father has not been heared for more thsn seven years.
vishwanath jaiswal (Querist) 29 September 2022
i have received the reply from police station that they are unable to trace the missing person.

sir, can you suggest me any advocate who can file the suit for obtaining death certificate in mumbai.

how much time it takes???

pls reply
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 29 September 2022
Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for filing a suit for declaration of civil death under Section 34 of Specific Relief Act, 1963, which is to be proved in terms of Section 107 and 108 of Indian Evidence Act, 1872
vishwanath jaiswal (Querist) 30 September 2022

can you suggest any lawyer name and share his contact of mumbai

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now