Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

daughter's share in father's self earned property

Sir, I am Hindu and a married woman. My father has a self earned independent house. About 6 yrs ago my father registered his house to my only brother without my knowlegde. I came to know only now. Is there any rights for me to ask my fahter that he has given away the property without my knowlegde, without getting no objection from me or even informing me. I am in good terms with my father. Or can my father reverse the property in his name back without my brother's support. Plz guide me sir with your valuable suggestions

Daksh (Expert)

Dear Priya Rajkumar,

There is no bar how a person can dispose of his/her self earned moveable/immoveable property as such you do not have any right. The answer to your second question is in affirmative that if your father wishes to take back the house back and reuse it how he likes that is possible (but for that purpose previous arrangement, documentation etc. needs to be looked into).
Best Regards
Daksh

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)

The absolute transfer of immovable property once made after due compliance of all the requirements can not be taken back at the sweet will of the giver.

G. ARAVINTHANOnline (Expert)

You know very well that the house is a self earned one. As per existing law, any person can convey his elf acquired property to any person he wish. Hence it is not questionable.

Since the property is registered into your brother's name, it cannot be revoked. Even if revoked, it must be brought to the notice of your brother

Rajeev kulshreshtha (Expert)

I agree with Expert Daksh.

priya rajkumar (Querist)

Many thanks for all the reply sir.

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x