LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

daughter's share in father's self earned property

(Querist) 21 July 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Sir, I am Hindu and a married woman. My father has a self earned independent house. About 6 yrs ago my father registered his house to my only brother without my knowlegde. I came to know only now. Is there any rights for me to ask my fahter that he has given away the property without my knowlegde, without getting no objection from me or even informing me. I am in good terms with my father. Or can my father reverse the property in his name back without my brother's support. Plz guide me sir with your valuable suggestions
Daksh (Expert) 21 July 2010
Dear Priya Rajkumar,

There is no bar how a person can dispose of his/her self earned moveable/immoveable property as such you do not have any right. The answer to your second question is in affirmative that if your father wishes to take back the house back and reuse it how he likes that is possible (but for that purpose previous arrangement, documentation etc. needs to be looked into).
Best Regards
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 21 July 2010
The absolute transfer of immovable property once made after due compliance of all the requirements can not be taken back at the sweet will of the giver.
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 22 July 2010
You know very well that the house is a self earned one. As per existing law, any person can convey his elf acquired property to any person he wish. Hence it is not questionable.

Since the property is registered into your brother's name, it cannot be revoked. Even if revoked, it must be brought to the notice of your brother
Rajeev kulshreshtha (Expert) 22 July 2010
I agree with Expert Daksh.
priya rajkumar (Querist) 22 July 2010
Many thanks for all the reply sir.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query