LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Correction in name - need advice

(Querist) 28 May 2013 This query is : Resolved 
My Ancestors are from Gujarat State, I have been born & bought up in Mumbai, as I have property in Gujarat (Agricultural Land & Bungalow0 at my Native, my Name appears with BHAI everywere at the end of my name, even after making correction at various records, any one adds bhai after my name, they say its tradition in gujarat to add bhai after the name.

But the issue is that as my School LC, Passport, PAN Card, Aadahar Card has only name & no word Bhai is added to it.

Whenever I submit my PAN Card at Local Bank in Gujarat he says the name differs as the name Bhai is not in the PAN Card.

Should I make official gazzette in Mumbai & add the word bhai in my all documents.

Kindly advice
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 28 May 2013
Give affidavit to the Bank with regard to the name and affidavit is sufficient document for the same unless you intend to change your name.
Deepak Parmar (Querist) 28 May 2013
Thank you Sir, I want to have same name in all the documents, so should I have to write Bhai or Not, Should have gazzette at Gujarat and remove the word bhai, or make a gazzaete in Mumbai & add the word bhai (Should it change to Deepakbhai or only Deepak)
Shashikant V. Patil (Expert) 28 May 2013
Your domicile is in Gujrat, and you are born and brought up in Maharashtra, hence you required to published the in Gazette, you need to apply to both the state by filling form provided at Govt. forms/application. You may inquire the form at Dist. Info. center./Collectorate office.m
Deepak Parmar (Querist) 28 May 2013
So Do I need to apply for Gazzezate in Both State
mahendrakumar (Expert) 29 May 2013
if you want your name changed along with addition of "bhai" do gazette notification.

just because locals call you bhai along with your name,you need not change unless you want.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 30 May 2013
Gazette notification in one State shall be sufficient and you need not to get it published in two States.
Deepak Parmar (Querist) 31 May 2013
Do any one of has Freind Lawyer in Ahmedabad, Then I will do thru a Lawyer, as I think I should do gazzette in Gujarat & remove the word Bhai

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query