Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cooperative society

(Querist) 15 September 2023 This query is : Resolved 
I have received the flat through nomination from my father. Can I nominate someone?

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 15 September 2023
The nominee has no powers on any property and he is the only one to keep the property safely and shall handover it over to the actual legal heirs.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 16 September 2023
A nominee is just a trust to receive the property on behalf of the legal heirs of the deceased owner and he has to distribute the same to the legal heirs of the deceased owner, hence you cannot nominate a different person on your behalf because you have no title or interest in the property

Dr. J C Vashista (Expert) 18 September 2023
Transfer the flat in the name of all of the legal representatives of your father.
You are just a "care-taker" during interim period till transfer is complete to all entitled heirs.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate Online (Expert) 19 September 2023
given facts are sketchy.
Rupen-Doshi (Querist) 20 September 2023
Thank you Gentlemen!
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 20 September 2023
Welcome sir.....................

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now