25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Conversion of land to non agricultural

(Querist) 05 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I Plan to open a resort in a piece of agricultural land that I own close to Hyd ( AP)...I own 54 acres of land and my friends own about 50 acre more..(a) Do I need to convert the agriculutral land to non agricultural if yes what is the procedure?(2) Can we merge the land holdings in 1 company and start the project will it come under agricultural land ceiling ?
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 05 August 2009
1- Bettter give both the lands on elase to the Company

2- Apply for conversion of the Required area ( not Total Area ) - otherwise huge amont to be paid towards conversion of the land for non Agricultural purposes- you have to pay every year NALA to Revenue Authorities

Apply before the RDO concerned for conversion of the Agri land in to non agri land
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 05 August 2009
it is urgent to convert the land in to non-agricultural land.
apply to the revenue court {sub divisional magistrate }for diclaier yr property as non-agricultural land u/s-143 this is the procedure conversion the land.
yes you van merge d land in 1 com.and strt project.
the project will not come under agricultural land ceiling.
sanjeev murthy desai (Expert) 06 August 2009
I agree with Mr. YVV rao,

Please also check from the Local Layers, wheather you voilated any ceiling limits under the provisions of the land laws in Andrapradesh.

sanjeev desai

kranthi kiran (Expert) 06 August 2009
1.Yes it is mandatory to convert the argicultural and into non agricultral land so as to use it for the purpose other than agriculture.

2. You have to pay a connversion fee of 10% on the market value of the land. Same has to be paid into the Govt Heads of Land Revenue through a challan.

3.After taht, you have to file an application with the local Tahasildar for recommondation to the RDO for conversion of land. Enclose the Appication to RDO and the Documents taht support your Title.

4. After that, the MRO on due enquiry will forward the same to the RDO for considearation and necesesary action.

5. On his satisifaction the RDO will issue the Land Converrsion Certificate.

kranthi kiran (Expert) 06 August 2009
6.You can merge the land and also can form into a company.

for assistance you can contact at

SK Associates,
Legal Consultants,
Beside Crystal Bar, Santosh Nagar,

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query