LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Contemp of court

(Querist) 07 March 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Dispute arise between Owner and Tenant and Tenant file Case for Permanent Injunction 2009.
In 2016 , Owner file counter claim of eviction.From 2016 to till date , no hearing done.
Tenant Repeatedly pray for Adjournment , absent , absent long Hearing date etc.
Owner Move to high court in 2021 , high court order Lower Court to dispose all petition
in 15 days.
But lower court did not do a single hearing in 3 years.
By Lawyer is going to File Contempt of Court to High Court.
He is making party to Tenant , not judge.

My Question is , in this situation
1) Who will be party Judge or Tenant ?
2) Cannot we file contempt against judge ?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 07 March 2024
First of all contempt of court does not arise in this situation.
The concerned court has to give explanation to high court if they could not comply with the instructions of the high court with convincing details.
You can have a control over your imaginary concept, judge is not the party to the case, the high court has passed an instruction but the prevailing situation may be different hence the same count not be properly followed.
If you are aggrieved then you can approach high court with a transfer petition or proper intervention
P. Venu (Expert) 16 March 2024
All that is possible is to get a further direction from the High Court for expeditious disposal.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now