LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Consumer Forum Case

(Querist) 03 December 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Experts,

I had this severe pain in my right hip joint and I showed it to an orthopedic Sargon. He suggested MRI. Which I got done, after looking at the MRI the doctor said I had some effusion (accumulation of puss) in my joint which needs to be aspirated (taken out). He aspirated my puss and sent it for culture and sensitivity in the pathology, and meanwhile started my treatment with ATT (Anti Tuberculosis Treatment). The Gram Staining report which was received immediately, suggested I did not have Tuberculosis, but still the ATT was started. After 6 weeks the report of culture also came up, which again suggested that there was "No Bacteria seen and there was no Growth of Bacteria". My severe pain was not subsiding at all, but my orthopedic surgeon kept insisting on tuberculosis. After 8 long months of continuously taking ATT and the pain still not subsiding, I showed my hip to another orthopedic, who suggested another MRI. After the second MRI report, second doctor said I had AVN (Avascular Necrosis) and not Bone TB.

Now, experts, I want to know if there is any such case which has been settled earlier. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me on this.

Thanking you in advance

Rajesh Khanna
Guest (Expert) 03 December 2009
Proving medical negligence at consumer forum is really very hard task. Lot of research work to be undertaken by you in this regard. Nowadays, consumer forum orders are available on net. The website address is WWW.CONFONET.NIC.IN

Refer to the above site for similar cases. It is also suggested to refer to supremecourt webtsite.
RADHA PYARI SRIPADA (Expert) 03 December 2009
in addition to my earlier reply, I hope you may get some light on the issue from websites like and labtestsonline.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 03 December 2009
repeated quarry.
joyce (Expert) 03 December 2009
Mr Rajesh Khanna where are you from? The Goa medical college which is having a vast medical facilities and medico treatments for free, at Bambolim, Panjim Goa.Can personly visit for check-up, will get good remedy to ur health problem, letter u can contest the case, if pain subsists.first know the perfect medico-fact of ur health situation then go for case contest so that it will be helpful to get compensation. Visit for health wisdom, click on health coloum.
Rajesh Khanna (Querist) 03 December 2009
thank you Sir. the site suggested is very useful. Can you also tell me the sites relating to supreme court?
Thank you in advance
Guest (Expert) 04 December 2009
Rajesh Khanna (Querist) 06 December 2009
Sir I have another doubt. I got some information from the net on the site suggested by you. Following is the case number.

"Appeal No.07/249
(Arising from the order dated 05.03.2007 passed by District Forum(East) Saini Enclave, Delhi in Complaint Case No.1081/2006)"

In this case also, treatment of TB was given whereas the patient did not have TB at all. The judgement is in favor of the patient.

My question is, if this case is presented in the court of law as a reference, will it have some positive effect in the decision in my favor?

Please Sir it is urgent.

Thanking you in advance

Rajesh Khanna
Rajesh Khanna (Querist) 12 December 2009
I thank everyone who contributed. Thank you very much for the help and support.

Rajesh Khanna

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :