Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Consumer Forum

(Querist) 30 November 2017 This query is : Open 
If District Consumer Forum is taking time of more than 2 years for hearing only but not to finalise the case, then what to do to get the speedy settlement of the case, because the case may to go State Consumer Forum and thereafter to the National Consumer Forum.
P. Venu (Expert) 01 December 2017
There appears to be instant remedy as the consumer courts have long lost their teeth.
Abhinay Kumar Shaw (Querist) 01 December 2017
Dear Sir P. Venu,

Please make your comment more clear.
That's absolutely right that the Consumer Court has lost its objective of speedy remedy.
But is there any way of pushing the case on track through any other channel or authority.
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 01 December 2017
There is no instant remedy available to general public whether it is the civil or criminal courts, consumer forums, tribunals or any such adjudicating agency in India. The number of such adjudicating agencies are too less as compared to number of cases for such huge population and the lack of public funds is the real reason for this deficiency. Whatever time the district consumer forum taking in your case, you should be thankful at least your case is moving forward. The future course in State council or National council one cannot predict now till the decision of the district forum is out. There is nothing as fast track court or tribunal, its just a lollipop given in the hand of litigants by the government/higher courts to make them happy and smiling, like flimsy promises made by political leaders during election.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 01 December 2017
Government has created forums, tribunals etc. for speedy remedy but there is shortage of staff. Government need to appoint more judges.
Abhinay Kumar Shaw (Querist) 01 December 2017
Dear Respected Members,

Please guide me the provisions or the procees, how certain cases related to recent or old incidents, reaches to Disctrict, High or Supreme Court directly and sometimes these Courts give the orders in one go or two.

Is there any special provisions on this?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query