LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

consumer dispute

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 21 July 2010 This query is : Resolved 
whether an employee can sue his employer(insurance co.) under consumer protection act,1986?????
it i mentainable or not in consumer forum?????
s.subramanian (Expert) 21 July 2010
No. an employee cannot proceed under consumer protection act.he has to approach only labour court.
Daksh (Expert) 21 July 2010
Dear Anonymous,

I concur with the viewpoint of Mr.Subramanian and would like to add that apart from Labour Court for agitating the labour dispute the employee can move to civil court for claiming damages or monetary compensation.

Best Regards

Rajeev kulshreshtha (Expert) 21 July 2010
in employee employer relationship you can't approach consumer forum. in fact please refer actual dispute for a perfect opinion.
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 22 July 2010
the employee is not a consumer, Hence not maintainable
Chanchal Nag Chowdhury (Expert) 24 July 2010
If it is for any deficiency in service on a insurance policy taken by employee with the insurance co.then he may proceed under CPA even though it is the employer, but if it relates to his service disputes then certainly not.
M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert) 04 December 2010
Yes. A employee can't be treated as a consumer to his company.. But you have alternative remedies..

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query