Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Comapny not providing experience certificate

This query is : Resolved 

20 November 2010


I had resigned in March 2009 from my previous comany with confirmation in mail from my manager without any notice period.
In my offer letter it is mentioned that u have to give one month notice period or 1 month salary in lieu of notice period.
Now i requested my employer to provide me the exp. letter and also i am ready to pay my one month salary for this.

My employer denied to provide me the exp. letter saying that i has been more than one year, hence we cannot provide the letter.

please suggest.


malipeddi jaggaraoOnline (Expert)
20 November 2010

What do u exactly mean by referring your previous employer as company. Whether it is private limited, public limited? If you are already engaged in another job it may not be thSat much important for u to get it by paying one month salary. U can show some other proof to your present employer (who has accepted you without experience letter)as having worked in that company. If you are not employed after leaving that company, since there is one year gap one has to think to what extent this experience certificate will help you. Since you have violated the terms of contract, you can only convince your previous employer and get it if so required.

Sandeep (Querist)
20 November 2010

Thanks for the reply.
My previous company was pvt ltd company,
as of now i was working with the other company who didint asked for exp. letter and only accepted the confirmation mail from my prevoius manager as releaving.

Now i have to join in MNC and they are asking for the exp letter from my last employer.

This is the reason i need it on very urgent basis.

ashish lal (Expert)
20 November 2010

Hi! I can understand your plight. I am software engineer turned lawyer. These MNCs if i am not wrong ask for last two experience certificates or three . Have you claim your epf from the organisation? if not then try to claim the same and may be HR department will going to hand over some document relating to time period you had worked in the organisation.

s.subramanian (Expert)
20 November 2010

yes.i agree with Mr.Ashish

G. ARAVINTHANOnline (Expert)
26 November 2010

issue a legal notice to the company

Khaleel Ahmed (Expert)
26 November 2010


You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x