Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

College admission withdrawl

(Querist) 22 October 2010 This query is : Resolved 
I am a college student . If anyone go to our management to get his original certificates which have been taken at time of admission they ask to pay full course fee.
But we hadn't signed any bond such .
is is allowed to keep certificates ? In case they don't return can I move to consumer court or i will have to go in civil court .Also let me know under which sections they may be charged upon.
Kirti Kar Tripathi (Expert) 22 October 2010
no the management can not keep the records and compel for payment of full course fee. you may file criminal complaint/fir and can also seek remedy under consumer law
Sathyan A.R. (Expert) 22 October 2010
Before going to consumer court i would advise you approach the university and seek redressal through their greivance cell sine university have to take cognisance of mal practise played by some private institutes.

Normaly the original certificates are given withn 4 or 5 months of admission only the transfer certificate is retained till yo complete the course or go out of the college
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 22 October 2010
Yes I agree with both.
s.subramanian (Expert) 23 October 2010
I agree.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query