Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

College admission withdrawl

I am a college student . If anyone go to our management to get his original certificates which have been taken at time of admission they ask to pay full course fee.
But we hadn't signed any bond such .
is is allowed to keep certificates ? In case they don't return can I move to consumer court or i will have to go in civil court .Also let me know under which sections they may be charged upon.

Kirti Kar TripathiOnline (Expert)

no the management can not keep the records and compel for payment of full course fee. you may file criminal complaint/fir and can also seek remedy under consumer law

Sathyan A.R. (Expert)

Before going to consumer court i would advise you approach the university and seek redressal through their greivance cell sine university have to take cognisance of mal practise played by some private institutes.

Normaly the original certificates are given withn 4 or 5 months of admission only the transfer certificate is retained till yo complete the course or go out of the college
A.R.Sathyan

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)

Yes I agree with both.

s.subramanian (Expert)

I agree.

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x