FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Co operative housing society

(Querist) 06 August 2012 This query is : Resolved 
I'm having a major issue with the society committee. My mum passed away about a year ago. a) The flat agreement has both my mums name and my name
b) The share certificate too has my mums name and my name
c) The flat was purchased using money paid from my account.

From this it clearly shows that I am a joint owner of the flat. The committee members are asking me to give a public notice saying that my mum has not nominated me and that if anyone has any objection to the society transferring the shares on my name they should contact the society.

Thereby relegating my status to someone who's not even a nominee. .

There are vested interests and it's clear that their goal is to make money or harass in order to show their muscle power. .

And they threaten me that if I go to court, they'll put all expenses against my name in the bill.

Please help and guide me. .

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Expert) 06 August 2012
just dnt do anything gv an application to the society stating that you re the legal heir and that the other share of mum belongs to you as per inehritance and that should be done immediateluy for which you are ready to the charges. it is simple as that.
ajay sethi (Expert) 06 August 2012
if flat has been purchased in joint names and share certicates have been issued in joint names you are a co owner of flat . on your mother death her 50%share will go to her legaal heirs . since your mother has not given any nomination for her 50%share nor lefyt a will society is justifed in asking you to issue public notice and follow procedure for transfer of 50%share in flat
Manoj Pamul (Expert) 06 August 2012
See, first thing it is not mandatory to give public notice or anything. Just you can make an affidavit stating that you are the only legal heir of your mother or you can get a legal heirship certificate by Competent Authority.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query