LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Claim for Father's Property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 19 December 2009 This query is : Resolved 
I am a married woman aged 60. My father had expired couple of years back. We are 3 sisters and 3 brothers. My mother is still alive. Now I would like to set a claim for a equal share of my father's property. My other 2 sisters are silent about the issue. The property is in Jharkhand and I am residing in West Bengal. What is the legal recouse through which i can move the court as my brothers have refused to give any share to me.
niranjan (Expert) 19 December 2009
You have to file suit for partition where the property is situated and join other sharers as defts.
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 19 December 2009
Do agree with Mr Niranjan.
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 19 December 2009
File a suit for partition in the civil court.
Adv Archana Deshmukh (Expert) 19 December 2009
You'll have to file a suit for partition and seperate possession at the place in Jharkhand where the property is situated. Join your mother, brothers and sisters as defendants in the suit.
Sukhija (Expert) 20 December 2009
Rightly advised Adv Archana.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query