FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Child custody execution

(Querist) 27 July 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Dear experts:

I was awarded guardianship and custody by Family Court in Hyderabad this week after a long custody battle with the mother (child is living with the mother). The court ordered the mother to handover the child to me within two months and also gave her visiting rights to visit the child every week. In this regard I would like to ask you:

If the mother does not comply, can I file Habeas Corpus petition in High Court or must I file a regular execution petition in the same family court that gave the order (which can take months to succeed if it all)? In the famous Tejaswini Goud vs. Shekar Prasad Tiwari, the Mumbai HC and the Honble SC did allow Habeas Corpus petition to be a suitable substitution to the execution petition since it is expeditious.

Thank you very much.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 05 August 2022
In my view yes. But you may consult your counsel and follow his advice.
Venkat (Querist) 06 August 2022
Thank you Sri. Satyanarayana.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query