IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Changing name

(Querist) 19 February 2008 This query is : Resolved 
What is the procedure for changing name.
kavita jain (Expert) 19 February 2008
Person can change his or her name by swearing an affidavit before notary public or magistrate. After the affidavit is sworn the change of name has to be notified by way of newspaper publication.
anupam_advocate (Expert) 23 February 2008
ya i agree with kavita
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 06 March 2008
I concur with the views of Kavita.The newspaper, in which public notice is made, should be widely circulated.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 02 July 2008
The change of name should duly published in govt gazette of a state to which the applicant belongs.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 14 October 2008
You have to go to the Court and file an affidavit throuh a lawyer.After filing this affidavit,you have to publish this change in at least two local news papers.After it the relevent State Govt.will publish your name change in its official gazette.You must keep the copy of the relevant gazette where the name change is published as authentic evidence of the name change.
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 02 May 2009
The Suggestion of Shine Thomas are correct procedure for change of name !
A V Vishal (Expert) 02 May 2009
(1) Any person who intends to change his name shall apply, in the first instance, in the form in Annexure-I to this Order, to the District Magistrate, the Additional District Magistrate or an Executive Magistrate having jurisdiction, for issue of an official communication in the form of a letter or memorandum to the effect that he is a Citizen of India.

(2) The District Magistrate, the Additional District Magistrate or the Executive Magistrate having jurisdiction, may on the basis of information furnished by the applicant and after such inquiry as he thinks fit, issue a letter or memorandum in the form in Annexure-II to this Order, to the effect that on the basis of the information available, he is qualified for recognition as a Citizen of India. The Magistrate concerned shall exercise due caution and satisfy himself about the applicant's claim to Indian Citizenship before issuing the letter or memorandum.

(3) The applicant shall, there after send another application to the Director of Government, Printing and Stationery (Printing Wing), along with the letter or memorandum issued by the Magistrate concerned for publication of a private advertisement, in the Official Gazette, on payment of the publication charges.

Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 04 October 2009
agreed with Mr. Vishal
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 07 October 2009
agree with kavita.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 12 October 2009
agreed with Vishal
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 01 May 2010
A blend of Vishal Shine
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 23 January 2011

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query