Change in name of business of unregistered partnership deed

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
13 January 2020

Can i make Addendum to Partnership Deed for change in Name and Principle place of Business for Unregistered Partnership Deed and than apply for changes in PAN, having the same PAN No.

Can u also guide me with section no. of Partnership Act which does talk about the same, if any.

Sb Karma (Expert)
13 January 2020

Yes you can,but need to go deeply with other documents too,so for this please consult a local lawyer for best assistance.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
13 January 2020

As your firm still stands unregistered. there is no scope of intervention of any law including Partnership Act so go ahead as desired.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
13 January 2020

Yes. You can change under Sec.60 to 63 of the Indian Partnership Act.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
15 January 2020

Unregistered partnership is "not" a legal entity.
You may proceed as you desire.
Consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts / documents, professional guidance and proceeding.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)
19 January 2020

If it is a registered partnership firm;
The partnership firm are being governed by Indian Partnership Act, 1932. The provisions of this act allows to make changes in deed comprising of name of firm, partner's name, address, etc. In all the above cases partners are bound to inform the registrar regarding such changes. Consequently they are required to create a new partnership deed and submit to the registrar of firm along with all necessary documents and fees.
In an unregistered partnership firm, you can make the alterations as desired by following the procedure mentioned below:

Below mentioned steps must be taken in order to change the name of the firm:

Draft new partnership deed;
Form II is filled with the prescribed fees;
After this, an application is required to be submitted along with the following:
Duly attested previous partnership deed
Duly attested new partnership deed on a stamp papaer
ID proof and residential proof of all the partners along with their passport size photograph.
Incorporation certificates

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



IPC Grand Course     |    x