LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can my friend appeal for divorce

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 18 April 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I'm here ask. One of my friend facing an issue with his husband as he is not mentally matured. His family hided it and married. Now they are forcing here to intercourse with his husband. He doesn't know anything much about marriage a stuff. And they are forcing them to have child.As he not employed and my friend didn't finish here education . So, can she appeal for divorce. Can she demands " Alimony " From his property as he has property under his name. And she doesn't have any income.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 18 April 2024
Her husband is not mentally mature and he doesn't know about marriage life, she can file a divorce case against her husband and for alimony. Consult a local advocate.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 18 April 2024
She can file a divorce petition on the grounds of mental cruelty citing the same as the reason for mental cruelty.
She can very well claim maintenance and permanent alimony too.
She cannot claim any share in his property
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 19 April 2024
yes she can seek divorce.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 19 April 2024
Yes, wife can seek divorce on ground of unsound mind and also claim maintenance and permanent alimony.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now