LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can i claim a share

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 23 May 2024 This query is : Resolved 
My mother hold a saving bank account opened prior to 1980.
In the said account there was no nominee.
Unexpectedly my mother expired on 2006 with a balance of 150000 in the account.
The bank transferred the said amount to newly opened the joint saving account of my elder brother and my self ,( younger son ) with noc from my younger sister and surety of my friend holding a current account in the same branch.
After one year my elder brother purchased a property in his name at my native from the amount withdrawn from the bank and paid the amount in cash.
My elder brother is uneducated not married and jobless I was looking after him.
In the year 2017 he went live with my younger sister in her house at my native and expired on 2020.
Now I came to know that the plot purchased by my elder brother was sold to some unknown person in our Village.
I obtained the sale deed from the sub registrar office and came to know that the plot was sold in the year 2018 for 15 lacs and the entire amount was paid in cash by the buyer, witnessed by my younger sister.
Can I claim a share from the above dealings
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 23 May 2024
You have posted the same matter in another thread today itself of this portal.
You may look for answers in that thread itself
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 25 May 2024
already advised at

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now