25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can co op housing society stop son from entering into flat

(Querist) 21 April 2018 This query is : Resolved 
a son of decease member is alcoholic and daily fighting with other members, that family has property dispute regarding said flat, son is daily beating his mother and stop her from entering into house. Is co opertative society law provide any authority to society for puting ban on said son, because no nomination and succession is made by decease member, after several police complaints nothing serious or corrective relief we received from authority.
Kishor Mehta (Expert) 21 April 2018
The Society can file a police complaint for the nuisance to other members, as regards the ownership of the flat it is their personal matter and has to be resolved between the legal heirs, the Society cannot stop any family member from coming to the flat.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 21 April 2018
Society cannot stop son from entering the flat, however society can file police complaint for nuisance created by son. File complaint with woman and senior citizen cell against son.
jeevan deshpande (Querist) 21 April 2018
thank you pawar sir,
@ mehta sir, if any of his family member apply to society for not to allow their son in property, as there were dispute among them and no will or nomination is convey to society by the decease member, then ?
Kumar Doab (Expert) 21 April 2018
Apparently the Father was member/owner and has deceased...
Even if Father has not signed any nomination..............the succession is a per personal law that applies ...and son is undoubtedly a legal heir....and hence has a share until or unless he disposes his share...

If mother wants or can she may ask this boozer and abusive son to dispose his share in her or anyone's favor by a valid/registered deed e.g; relinquishment deed..and thus check him out...............

Kumar Doab (Expert) 21 April 2018
Record all episodes and submit to police and court and request for injunction....due to daily nuisance, violence
Kumar Doab (Expert) 21 April 2018
Being a son he can come to visit his mother

Therefore either he has to mend his ways and behave properly or state/court is to be approached for order..

Mother can also approach under ;
Maintenance and Welfare of Senior Citizens (MWPSC) Act, 2007

and rules framed by the state under the Act..
IT can offer speedy and cost effective recourse..

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query