LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Member (Account Deleted)   18 August 2021 at 00:07

Partnership to proprietorship

Me and my father(late) registered a partnership firm (50-50). My father was the managing partner of the firm. It was specifically mentioned in the deed that in case of death of any of the partner partnership shall not dissolve and share of the deceased will be automatically transferred to the other partner. Now my father has died. What do I need to do? Has the partnership automatically dissolved as I read somewhere in case of only two partners in a partnership, partnership shall dissolve automatically. Or in case of the above mentioned clause in the deed the partnership has automatically been converted to sole proprietorship? We have not yet registered for get as partnership.

Anonymous   15 August 2021 at 06:19

Where is objection placed on a saledeed of property on which

Case is in direction of high court nanital

Prasad   13 August 2021 at 15:07


i have filed an RTI on 01 July 2021. i got reply on 20 July saying -in view of restrictions imposed due to covid disposal of RTI cases may take more than stipulated time as period as defined under RTI act.

today is 13/8/2021.

still information not received .

request advice to proceed further .

Mani S   13 August 2021 at 12:29

Power of attorney

There is a senior citizen (widow) living in Vile Parle (East), Bombay who owns a piece of agricultural land in Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu. She wants to sell it and there is a buyer. Due to age and health issues she is not able to travel to Tirunelveli. She wants to give Power of Attorney to a third party who is helping her in this regard (She has no close relatives in Bombay). After duly ensuring that her rights are protected, is there a way that she can give the PoA to third party. If yes, is it required for the 3rd party also to be present in the registrar office in Bombay to register the PoA? We need specific power with a schedule of the property in the PoA. Mere Execution Power will not do. Can anyone refer me to any reliable document writer or advocate in Vileparle (East) who can draft the PoA and facilitate registration. Thank you.

Sunil Jagropan kashayp   11 August 2021 at 01:34

Regarding surname change on leaving certificate

Dear Sir/Madam,

My query is regarding legal suggestion.

My current surname is Kashyap but on my birth certificate my surname is mallah as my father surname was mallah. I am 30yrs old working professional with 10yrs of experience in MNC. During childhood my father went with his friend to local school for taking my admission, my fathers friend surname was kashyap so he given my full name sunil kashyap in school book records & since then my surname was considered kashyap. I came to know about this in 10th before board exam when i was filling board exam form, since then i became sunil kashyap & now on every document including degree certificates POa, POI my surname is kashyap except on date of birth certificate. Recently i approach to local muncipal office for taking my date birth certificate on mallah name but they refused to issue it as now i am 30yrs old & name inclusion is valid upto 15yrs old. Muncipal staff suggested me to change my surname from kashyap to mallah in school leaving & with reference to that change the name on aadhar card.

Should i go for changing my name on every document during this age when everywhere my name is kashyap, what will be the frequent consequences if i didnt change my surname.

I have pan, aadhar, driving license, passport, hone loan on the name of kashyap.

Anonymous   05 August 2021 at 11:25

Will for joint property

House in joint ownership husband and wife
Son sole heir how to make a will so that the ownership goes to son on demise of both owners .

Anonymous   04 August 2021 at 15:28

Revenue stamp on mou on each page .

Please let me know if the revenue stamp of one rupee is mandatory to affix on each page of MOU at the time of signing it.

As far as I know it is not.

Sudhir Kulshreshtha

Anonymous   03 August 2021 at 12:35

Name mismatch in documents

My friend want to take loan for building house. He muslim by religion. In his property documents his name is written as '', in aadhar his name is 'abc' and in his pan card name is ''. Hence the bank is not agreeable to give loan because of mismatch in name. My question is whether their rejection is valid and whether Md. is mandatory in all documents.

Anonymous   02 August 2021 at 23:55

Income certificate

Respected Experts
My query is that my father does medical business along with his 4 brothers in the shop that is on the name of my grand mother.
I have applied for income certificate in which i have opted income from other sources, as the shop is not on my fathers name .
Is it ok.

Anonymous   31 July 2021 at 12:41

Promissory note validity

Hi Sir,

I want to understand if there is a limit on the maximum amount to be mentioned on a promissory note(please click on below link to see it).

Some people quote there is no limit, and some people claim there is limit of 5 to 10 lakhs.

Also is there is a time limit?
Meaning, if we wrote the promissory note dated 21/01/2019, then what is the expiry date for the note?

Thank you sir.
Please help.


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query