25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 28 June 2010 This query is : Resolved 


Long back I filed a Civil case in the High Court last month I got judgement delivered by the High Court.

If I wish to appeal against the judgement in the Supreme Court (Apex Court)in civil matters. What is the time given to me under the constitution of India and how can I proceed for the appeal. What is the limitation for such appeals.

I will be thankful if you let me know the period for appeal or lapse of appeal.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 28 June 2010
File an appeal before the supreme court.
Daksh (Expert) 28 June 2010
Against the judgement of the High Court in a civil matter (as per the provisions of CPC read with High Court rules) Regular First Appeal is maintainable and one cannot just bypass the same.

Best Regards

Chanchal Nag Chowdhury (Expert) 29 June 2010
The Appeal has to be pursued before the Appeal Bench of the same High Court .

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query