LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Any provision of ipc to tackle baseless legal notice?

(Querist) 22 June 2024 This query is : Resolved 
My tenant has sent legal notice with baseless claims and without any supporting documents and has stopped paying rent. I have responded to this legal notice through advocate but tenant has not started paying rent. One of claim is for reimbursement of 100,000 (equal to 30 year's rent) spent by tenant for repairing, done without sending notice, he has not even provided bills, vouchers etc. to support his claim.. As per rent act tenant can demand repairing cost up to rent of 4 months only. I have asked him to withdraw notice and start paying rent. Is there any method of "quashing" legal notice? Is legal notice part of Judicia process ? Is there any provision of IPC similar to Section 340 CrPC & under Section 195 which may be used against BASELESS LEGAL NOTICE ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 22 June 2024
There is no provision in law for quashing the legal notice.
If he has not paid the monthly rental amount then you can send him an eviction notice followed by an eviction suit for default in rental payment.
you do not have to beg him to pay the rent.
You can recover the arrears of rent al;so through court by following due process of law.
Since you have already approached a lawyer for this you may proceed with the further actions as suggested through the same lawyer.
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 23 June 2024
I agree with the advice of the above learned expert Sri T.Kalaiselvan sir.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now