Adoption

I have adopted a baby girl , 6 months old,under HAMA act from her biological parents. Registration deed has been done in subregistrer office, with court stamps, in the presence of biological and adoptive parents and 2 witness. I want to know if any other documents needed for legal adoption apart from registration deed

Sb Karma (Expert)

its enough to get approvals by sub reg office...no more docs needed

No is the sole answer to your query.

It is sufficient. for your satisfaction, the child can be adopted through Hindu rites and customs.

It is legally sufficient and no other formality is required.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)

The registered adoption deed shall be a confirmation that you both are adoptive parents of the adopted child.
However if you want to doubly sure of this then you can file a suit for declaration to declare the adoption as legally valid adoption by a court decree and judgment which shall prove to be a substantial and undisputed confirmation of the adoption.

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x