I got a legal notice with the following allegations:
(1) All of you (notice addressed to four members) colluded together to grab the notice schedule property came to the property yesterday (22 Oct 2019) and made attempts to lay a fencing around the property.
(2) The persons who came there is forking their names and descriptive particulars of them and thereby threatened our client to occupy the schedule property at any point of time.
The FACTS are:
(1) On particular day I was not at all present on that location. I was actually staying in Hyderabad and which is 500 Km away from the claimed location. I can also prove that I was in Hyderabad, because the same day I had a doctor's appointment in Hyderabad. Also none of the person addressed in the Legal Notice were present and they were officially present on their offices on that particular day.
What action I can take for the baseless allegations?
(1) Is the allegation be considered as criminal or civil in nature?
(2) Can I ask for unconditional apology for the baseless allegations?
(3) Can it be considered as a damage and can I file a Suit?
(Expert) 31 October 2019
Meet an advocate and send a reply notice clarifying your stand and denying the notice allegations; reserving your liberty to take suitable cation against him for such unfounded notice. Then, you may take recourse to legal action as per your advocate's advice.
Dr J C Vashista
(Expert) 02 November 2019
Consult, engage and show the notice to a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, guidance and proceeding.